This page documents chronological events that took place in the Ender's Game Universe, or Enderverse.
In Speaker for the Dead and chronologically subsequent novels, the "B.S.C." (before Starways Congress) and "S.C." (Starways Congress) dating system was introduced. It based the calendar around the date of the founding of the Congress.
However, due to the innumerable timeline contradictions of this dating system in the Enderverse, this wiki has decided to use its own dating system for use in articles.This dating system uses an unofficially recognized, non-canonical calendar in order to provide a relative reference to events in the series. The origin year, or epoch, will be based on the Formic Xenocide, as it is the most prominent event in known Enderverse history. The designations used to label years will be B.X. (Before the Xenocide) and A.X. (After the Xenocide). Many events will have approximate dates or will be listed as unknown, as there are numerous contradictions between canon material that makes it difficult to know for sure when events occurred.
The Pre-Formic Wars Era (< 100 BX)
The Formic Wars Era (100 BX - 0 BX)
- The First Formic War takes place.
- The International Fleet is founded, and along with it the Hegemony and the positions of Strategos and Polemarch.
100 - 97 BX
- One of the Parallax Telescopes, Copernicus, is destroyed by a Formic ship.
- Thousands of asteroids (including 2030CT) are occupied and mined by Formic miniships.
c. 95 BX
- Mazer Rackham is sent into space at lightspeed in order to still be young when the Third Invasion fleet arrives at the Formic home worlds.
c. 1 BX
- The Third Formic War takes place.
- The League War begins and lasts for 5 days, concluding at the signing of the Locke Proposal.
The Post-Xenocide Era (1 AX - 60 AX)
- The Hive Queen is published and gains popularity across the inhabited human worlds.
- Peter and Andrew Wiggin converse for the first time in around 52 years.
- Peter Wiggin dies at age 57.
- The Hegemon is published and gains popularity alongside The Hive Queen.
- Theresa and John Paul Wiggin both die at around the age of 80.
- Andrew and Valentine Wiggin leave Shakespeare on a colony ship heading to Ganges.
- Andrew and Valentine Wiggin arrive at Ganges.
The Starways Congress Era (≈ >61 AX)
61 - 300 AX
- Andrew and Valentine Wiggin arrive at Sorelledolce.
c. 3000 AX
- Andrew Wiggin dies.
- The Second Xenocide is prevented by Peter Wiggin II, Si Wang-mu, and Jane.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Shadow of the Hegemon
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Earth Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Earth Afire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Swarm
- ↑ "Mazer in Prison"
- ↑ The Authorized Ender Companion
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Ender's Game
- ↑ Ender's Shadow
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 Ender in Exile
- ↑ Shadow of the Giant
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 "The Investment Counselor"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Children of the Mind